Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1951 and its subsequent sale on 18 February 1952. Furthermore delivered with the copy of the invoice from Beyer AG, Zürich, for the overhaul of the watch in 2002.
Production of reference 2442 was launched in 1948 and could be found in Patek Philippe sales catalogues until around 1960. It is one of the rarest and most exclusive rectangular models by Patek Philippe. In fact, research has resulted in the discovery of only some twenty pink gold examples of reference 2442 to have appeared in public to date.
The model is illustrated in Patek Philippe Wristwatches by Martin Huber & Alan Banbery, second edition, p. 136, pl. 193.