Another view by P.C. La Fargue of the same street, but from the other end, is in the Municipal Archives in The Hague, C. Dumas, Het Verheerlijkt den Haag, S'-Gravenhage, 1984, no. 93. That drawing is dated to the previous year.
Many houses and summer residences were built in the 17th and 18th Century on the Herenstraat, on the banks of the river Vliet. The wall on the left encloses the Huys ten Dom, demolished in 1851, which was owned by Archduke Maximilian of Austria in the 15th Century. The building on the right still stands.