Irene VIII was an auxillary Bermudian cutter built by Anker & Jensen at Asker [Norway] in 1935. Wooden hulled with steel frames, she was owned by Mr. Eugen Linde who kept her at moorings in Oslo. Registered at 86 tons (gross), she measured 57½ feet in length with a 7½ foot beam as well as draught. She carried 990 square feet of canvas under full sail and auxillary power was provided by a Universal petrol motor. Although she may well have done wartime duty with the German occupation forces, no details are available and after the War she subsequently passed into British ownership, being still afloat as late as 1980.