The firm of J. B. Hockin & Co. was involved with selling cameras and photographic requisites from at least the early 1850s. By the 1860s they were operating from 38 Duke Street, Manchester Square, London. They supplied chemicals and photographic processing apparatus circa 1860 to Reverend C. L. Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) which are now in the collection of the Museum of the History of Science in Oxford. The firm became Hockin, Wilson & Co., circa 1873.