The Soho Reflex camera was described by its maker as 'the best camera in the world' and 'The Aristocrat of the Camera World' which it attempted to justify: 'This is a bold assertion, but it is one of fact. A camera hand made, in which quality of material and workmanship have received first consideration'. It was produced in a very wide variety of plate sizes from 4½ x 6cm. to half-plate including specialist, intermediate and continental sizes. One feature of most models was the four-way swing front with lateral and vertical adjustments in each direction.
The Soho reflex camera origins date to 1904 and A. Kershaw's patent number 22,698 of 21 October which described a new design of reflex camera with hinged mirror. The camera was marketed as the Soho Reflex from 1905 until the late 1930s for Marions and it's successor companies, A.P.M., Soho and Kershaw-Soho. It was also sold under other names by Ross, Watson, Dallmeyer and other British camera firms. The Soho Reflex underwent various technical improvements throughout it's life as well as being available in different plate sizes and standard and tropical body finishes. A range of accessories was produced for the camera.