The eponymous work of this artist is the large triptych from the Church of San Jacopo a Mucciano, now in the Museo di Arte Sacra, San Casciano Val di Pesa. The oeuvre of the artist was first identified by Richard Offner in the catalogue of the sale of John D. McIlhenny at Parke-Bernet, New York, 5-7 June 1946, lot 149. Federico Zeri made additions to the oeuvre in his review of the exhibition Arte in Valdelsa a Certaldo, (see Bollettino d'Arte, XLVIII, 1963, p. 247). Professor Boskovits made further additions in his Pittura Fiorentina alla vigilia del Rinascimento, 1370-1400, 1975, pp. 238-239, note 164.
We are grateful to Everett Fahy for the attribution, made on the basis of a photograph; he considers it a characteristic work by the artist (letter, 20 December 1998).