Newman and Guardia operated from their Farringdon Road address from 1891 to 1893. The Twin Lens camera was announced in 1893 and was described by its maker 'as a pattern A camera having at the top the N & G Focussing Device'. This was also available separately. The device working through the upper lens was designed to allow the photographer to focus precisely. N & G stated: 'Altogether the N & G Twin-Lens Camera is the most complete and perfect instrument the photographer could possess for the special work for which it is intended - animals and figure studies at close quarters, and taken with large apertures'.
The camera was initially offered in 4¼ x 3¼, 5 x 4 inch and 9 x 12cm. sizes at £27 10 0 rising to £35. It was last advertised in 1907.