The sideboard tables are designed in the elegant 'antique' manner introduced around 1770 by Robert Adam, court architect to George III. The fine figured mahogany tops are richly fretted with an entwined ribbon-guilloche, their frames are flowered with 'Apollo' sunflowered paterae, while their plinth supported and 'herm' tapering legs are antique fluted and reed enriched.
Their architecture and ornament, including the ribbon-guilloche moulding, relates to that of hall chairs designed about 1770 for Harewood House, Yorkshire, by the St. Martin's Lane cabinet-maker Thomas Chippendale (d. 1779), (see C. Gilbert Thomas Chippendale", London, 1978).
The Harvey family moved to Ickwell Bury, Bedfordshire in 1680 and remained there until it was sold in 1934. It was later destroyed by fire in 1937.