The Temple of Vespasian, built by Titus and Domitian and restored by Septimus Severus and Caracalla, was fully uncovered in 1813, when the foundations were rebuilt.
The Temple of Castor and Pollux dates to the early days of the Republic. It was dedicated to the Dioscuri in 484 B.C. in memory of their aid, which was believed to have enabled the Romans to defeat the Tarquins and their Latin allies at the Battle of Lake Regillus in 496 B.C. The existing columns on which the model in this lot is based belong to a restoration of the Hadrianic or Trajanic period.