TWO RUSSIAN PORCELAIN EASTER EGGS
PROBABLY BY THE IMPERIAL PORCELAIN FACTORY, LATE 19TH CENTURY EARLY 20TH CENTURY
One gilt to the front of the oxblood and purple glazed body with the cypher of Empress Alexandra Feodorovna beneath an Imperial crown, the other painted with cornflowers on a pale green ground
4¼ in. (10.8 cm.) long (2)
Purchased in Russia by John Philip Trant, His Majesty's Consul-General in Moscow, circa 1939/43 and then by descent to the present vendor.