The present two plates are from a set of seventy-two made for a service ordered 6 November 1834 and delivered to Ferdinand II, King of Naples and the Two Sicilies on 10 February 1836. Two others from the same royal service are retained in the collection. Cf. Maria Letizia Casanova, Le porcellane Francesi, musei di Napoli, 1974, pp. 318, 319.