Born in Graivoron. Finished his studies at the Kharkov Fine Art High School in 1932. He was professor at the Studio of Taganrog Fine Arts. At the beginning of the Second World War he fled the USSR for Germany to return in the late 1940's. In 1949 he became a Member of the Union of Artists and exhibited many works in local and foreign Museums.