H.M.S. Marguerite was one of the thirty-six 'Arabis' class sloops ordered in 1915, each of which displaced 1,250 tons and measured 267 feet in length with a 33 foot beam. Lightly armed and reasonably fast, they were used for a variety of duties, mostly mine-sweeping, and the majority survived the War. Marguerite herself was built by Dunlop Bremner and launched on 23 November 1915. Handed over to the Australian Navy in 1919, she was eventually dismantled and sunk as a target in August 1935.