The table's hollowed frieze is wrapped by Roman acanthus foliage and embellished with an 'antique' ribbon-guilloche of trompe l'oeil flutes, and relates to that of a longer pier-table supplied about 1715 to Lord Cobham and attributed to James Moore (d. 1726). However, unlike the latter table, its acanthus-husk enrichments hang downwards within the flutes (R. Edwards and M. Jourdain, Georgian Cabinet-Makers, rev.ed., London, 1955, fig. 21). Its ribbon-scrolled top with flowered compartment in the Louis Quatorze 'antique' manner, relates to backs of chairs that have been attributed to James Moore, while its serpentined and columnar legs have acanthus-wrapped shoulders and pad feet in the manner of a table at Erddig, North Wales, which was formerly attributed to James Moore (ibid., figs. 32 and 31).