11 December 2003
THE PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF MARSHALL C. FINKELMAN
FOUR PAIRS OF ROMAN GOLD EARRINGS
Circa 1st-3rd Century A.D.
One pair each with a plain hoop joined to a pelta-shaped shield, with a pendant in the form of a pinecone; another similar pair each with a flanged, drop-shaped pendant; one pair each with a plain hoop joined to a hollow hemisphere, with a voluted pendant, now threaded with a carnelian bead; and another similar but larger pair, each with a pendant, now threaded with green glass beads
1½ in. (3.8 cm.) long (largest) (8)
American Private Collection.
Acquired by the current owner in the 1980s.
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
From Fort Worth to the French Riviera, 5 grand properties lavishly equipped for festive gatherings of friends and family
The story behind a double portrait from the Barney A. Ebsworth Collection that’s being offered in London in March