Accompanied by Patek Philippe Extract from the Archives confirming production of the present watch in 1910 and its subsequent sale on 29 December 1915.
It is thought that the present watch was made for Alexander Ericsson, a chronometer maker and son of August Ericsson.
August Ericsson (1842-c1910) was a Swedish watchmaker who opened a flourishing workshop in St. Petersburg, Russia around 1875. He supplied a large part of the marine chronometers to the Imperial Navy, generally using movements made by the renowned chronometer maker Victor Kullberg, also a Swede. After August's death his son Alexander continued the business.
When Ericsson bought his watch from Patek Philippe in 1915, the city of St. Petersburg had already been renamed to Petrograd. In 1924 it became Leningrad until finally getting back its old and original name St. Petersburg in 1991.