A case of the same design, formerly in the collection of Edward Parr, is recorded by F.J. Britten, Old Clocks and Watches & Their Makers, fifth edition London 1922, pp. 126-7, fig. 123. Britten ascribes it to English manufacture, with Latin inscription to the underside and the sides with 'the head of Queen Elizabeth in high relief'. He dates it to 1581. A more recent attribution of a drum clock in the British Museum (Mus. no. 1958.1006.2113), with conforming ornament, stamped P.G., has been made to Peter Grundel of Hamburg, later Nuremberg before becoming the Court Clockmaker in Stockholm. A small group of these clocks are illustrated in K. Maurice, Die deutsche Räderuhr, Band II, Munich, 1976, p. 66, figs. 500-506.