A drawing for one of the flying putti in The Presentation in the Temple commissioned in 1735-6 by Cardinal Angelo Maria Querini for the main altar in the church of Santa Maria della Pace, Brescia (A.M. Clark, Pompeo Batoni, Oxford, 1985, no. 5). A modello for the painting, which was unveiled in January 1737, is in a private collection in London (fig. 1, A.M. Clark, op. cit., no. 4). Three other related drawings are in the National Gallery of Scotland in Edinburgh (A.M. Clark, op. cit., nos. D1, 65 and 66). Batoni had previously worked for Querini in the Palazzo Venezia in Rome and in San Gregorio al Celio.