The painting is dedicated to Qiu Yuyuan (1905-1968), a Malaysian Chinese. Qiu operated a mining business and is passionate about Chinese art. One of his favourite artists was Zhao Shao’ang from the Lingnan school. In 1952, Zhao Shao’ang held travelling exhibitions in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh, and Penang, and received great response from the local communities. Qiu acquired many paintings from Zhao Shao’ang directly and the current painting is a highlight from his collection.