Christie's Americas Internships
Christie's offers both paid and unpaid opportunities in Specialist and Business Support departments that provide a hands-on introduction to the inner workings of an auction house and to the New York art world. An experience at Christie’s involves a combination of general day to day tasks associated with the auction process, opportunities for researching artists and objects, and occasions to attend organized intern events.
The majority of internships take place at the Rockefeller Center location. Select internships divide time between our Rockefeller Center office and Redstone, our pre- and post-shipping handling facility, in Long Island City. We also have opportunities in our regional offices throughout the United States.
Placements are available in Specialist and Business Support departments, and Diversified Businesses such as:
Fall and Spring Work Experience (Paid)
- Business Development
- Special Events
- Christie’s International Real Estate
Participants in these sessions are paid and will have hands-on experience on both a part-time and full-time basis, with the added benefit of being immersed in various aspects of the auction business during the height of our sale seasons. General length for these programs follows our auction season.
2016 Session Dates:
Work Experience Requirements
- Spring Session: January 11th, 2016 – May 20th, 2016
- Fall Session: August 15th, 2016 – December 23rd, 2016
Summer Internship Program (Unpaid)
- All candidates must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete)
- The opportunity should be relevant to course of study or career trajectory
- Candidates should be rising Juniors, rising Seniors, masters students, or recently graduated individuals (within a year of graduation)
- All candidates should be available for the entirety of the work experience and should prepare for their schedules for the time and workload commitment
- All accepted individuals must complete verification screenings
General internship length for these two unpaid sessions are six (6) weeks with a full-time (40 hours per week) educational experience. Candidates will be placed into one session according to preference on application. Note that due to the high level of interest, placement for both sessions is on a case by case basis according to department.
2016 Program Dates:
- Session A: May 23rd, 2016 – July 1st, 2016
- Session B: July 5th, 2016 – August 12th, 2016
- All interns must be degree-seeking students currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Viable candidates should be rising Juniors or rising Seniors
- The internship must be relevant to the student’s course of study
- Interns must provide a letter from their school confirming that the student is receiving school credit for the internship or
- Provide a letter of acknowledgement from their school recognizing the internship if credit is not offered
- All International students must have United States work authorization, as Christie’s does not sponsor visas
For all opportunities, candidates must apply online
for the Americas programs. Regarding our paid work experience, you will be contacted directly by the department to schedule an interview, should you qualify.
Successful applicants are responsible for their own living arrangements. Suggested housing options can be provided upon request.