Fletcher was a graphic artist who is primarily known for his London scenes and his work as an illustrator in publications such as Pall Mall Magazine. Professor Richardson met Fletcher in 1898 while attending evening classes at Birkbeck College and they became life-long friends. Their shared interests included the preservation of old buildings and walking around Ampthill in 18th Century costume!
The West London Infirmary was founded at Villiers Street, Charing Cross in 1818, becoming the Charing Cross Hospital in 1827. By the 1960's the hospital needed more room for expansion and moved to Fulham Palace Road, Hammersmith in 1968.