A GEORGE IV MAHOGANY BOOT-STAND
For eight pairs, the bowed rectangular top above six turned pegs to each side and a boot-rack, on rectangular end-supports joined by a platform stretcher on scrolled feet, half the shaped divisions of the boot-rack replaced, restorations
42 in. (107 cm.) high; 37 in. (95 cm.) wide; 18 in. (46 cm.) deep
Four boot-stands were supplied by Gillows in 1813 to William Powlett, 2nd Baron Bolton (d. 1850) for Hackwood Park, Hampshire and were sold from there, Christie's house sale, 20 April 1998, lots 382-384.