A PAIR OF GEORGE III MAHOGANY OPEN ARMCHAIRS
Attributed to Mayhew and Ince
Each with an oval framed padded back and serpentine-fronted seat covered in green material, the toprail centred by carved foliage, the scrolled and channelled arms on downswept serpentine supports above curved flowerhead panels, on turned tapering fluted legs with gadrooned collars, each chair with three seat-rails replaced, one leg with restored break (2)
Possibly supplied to James Buller (b.1740) for Downes, Crediton, Devon, and by descent to
The Hon. Mrs Buller, sold in these Rooms, 19 May 1960, lot 47 (part).