A Replacement Porcelain Part Service From The Imperial Hunting Service
By the Imperial Porcelain Factory, St Petersburg, period of Alexander II and Alexander III
Comprising two cups, one saucer and one salt cellar, each cup of tapering cylindrical form, the body painted on both sides with a a multi-coloured pastoral hunting scene within a cartouche with ochre scroll border, the green trellis upper border with gilt scroll rims and with flowers at intervals, the handles simulating two entwined branches, the circular saucer and salt cellar with rocaille base similarly decorated, the cup and saucer marked with green underglaze A II', the cup without saucer marked with green underglaze 'A III', the salt cellar apparently unmarked
Each cup 2¾ in (7 cm.) high, 2 7/8 in. (7.2 cm.) diameter, saucer 5¼ in. (13.2 cm.) diameter, salt cellar 1 1/8 in. (2.9 cm.) high, 4 in. (10.3 cm.) long, 3 3/8 in. (8.5 cm.) wide (4)
See H. Hyvönen. Russian Porcelain Collection of Vera Saarela, Espoo, 1982, p. 127, illustrated p. 126.
N. B. von Wolf. The Imperial Porcelain Factory, St Petersburg, 1906, p. 85.
B. N. Emme. Russian Artistic Porcelain, Moscow, 1950, pp. 30-31.