This drawing, which may have once been part of an album amicorum, appears to be the only work on paper left by Flessiers, a Dutch-born artist documented in England, and specifically in Bristol, between 1637 and 1642 (D. Beaujean in Allgemeines Künstler-Lexikon, XLI, Munich and Leipzig, 2004, pp. 198-199). Only two other works by Flessiers seem to be known: a portrait of Robert Yeamans dated 1642 (Bristol Museum & Art Gallery, inv. K477) and one of James Ussher, archbishop of Armagh, dated 1644 (Bodleian Library, Oxford, inv. LP 125). By 1649, Flessiers was back in The Hague, and he seems to have remained for the rest of his life in Holland, mainly in Amsterdam.