Ronald A. Lee, The Knibb Family * Clockmakers, Manor House Press, 1964, pp.63-66.
Born in 1640, Joseph Knibb was probably apprenticed to his cousin Samuel. By 1655 he was working in Oxford, where he took three apprentices. He moved to London and became a free Brother in the Clockmakers' Company in 1670. His first premises were at the Dial in Fleet Street and in 1693 he moved to The Clock Dial near Charing Cross. He became a Steward in the Company in 1684 and an Assistant in 1689. The number of clocks still extant suggest that his was one of the busiest workshops in London. He sold the business in 1697 and moved to Hanslop in Buckinghamshire, where he continued to make some clocks but on a much smaller scale. He died in 1711.
See also lots 88 and 90.