30 May 2007
A black leather binder with label on the front cover gilt-stamped Laurel, containing approximately 15 blank pages, one page inscribed in Stan Laurel's hand in blue ink with ideas for Gags, the 22 lines including:
- Crusader - Chastity belt (gave me the wrong key)
- Nixon Campaign - Whistle Stop - Indian Territory - Is presented with horse by Indians - Don't Step in that "oompah"
- Rather be pregnant than have tooth pulled - make up your mind Lady so I'll know which way to tilt the chair
- Elderly Couple on honeymoon - Have I time to take off my stockings? Hell - you've got time to knit a pair!
- Bull to Zebra - Take off those pyjamas and I'll show you what I do!;
accompanied by a paper-backed pocket book FORTUNE, Fred, Fortune's New Laughing Gags And Patter For Performers, some gags circled or highlighted in pencil
The Estate Of Stan Laurel.
Contact Client Service
New York +1 212 636 2000
London +44 (0)20 7839 9060
Asia +852 2760 1766
From labels and staples to stretchers and repairs — the reverse of an artwork can reveal more about it than you might suppose
Abu Dhabi is a thriving cultural hub, with a dynamic community of artists, an acclaimed international art fair and world-class museums, including the Louvre